Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm a winner


You may remember such posts from me as "Sports Sucks" or "Sports is draining the life out of my soul inning by inning and I want to break the TV just so that I don't have to listen to another second of the roar of the crowd or the sneakers squeaking on the court because my ears are bleeding."

But a World Series bid does wonders for a girl's tolerance for the game. When your hometown team wins, you feel like a winner. Same way as when you find out a famous person you really like is Jewish (Zac Efron) or when a Jew wins the nobel prize, all the Jews feel just a little bit better about ourselves, because we're basically related and we're all a part of that special little group. When a bunch of rabbi's are arrested for major corruption in NJ, well then we just decide not to read that article.

But the point is, Philly is awesome, Jews are awesome and I am also awesome. We are winners.
Let's go Phills.

3 comments:

PhillyFranatic said...

The phanatic is jewish right? I mean, look at that nose!

The 27th Ring said...

Guess what... your team is going to get absolutely SMOKED. Get the Canyon of Heroes (aka Broadway, for the famously clueless Ette1) ready, here come the YANKEES!

Anonymous said...

Efron is 1/4 Jewish, not too shabby though! But he does have a fully Jewish lookalike, Logan Lerman.