Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let's talk T.P.


Something really bothers me about people and toilet paper. It's not the empty roll I am often met with. It's not the messy overcompensated re-roll of the last user who was too excited apparently and yanked off more than she needed, then tried to reverse the roll, leaving a loose, saggy mess. No, I'm talkin about the backward roller. Toilet paper rolls are meant to be grabbed from the top down -- didn't you know? When someone puts the toilet paper in the roll backwards, and I am made to yank behind the roll, or roll in reverse, it royally f's up my day. It's just plain rude. I once called out an ex boyfriend of mine -- when I was confronted with the incorrectly loaded T.P. roll in his bathroom -- that he had it all wrong. He went into such a state of confusion, and then, in a moment of unfamiliar clarity, realized that what I was saying made complete sense. He later told me (long after our relationship had ended) that every time he changes his T.P. he thinks of me. Sweet. Glad I could help.

So from now on, just remember: load (haha, no pun there) the goods so the end piece rests on top, and can be pulled forward. And I swear, if I go to any of your houses and that crap is the wrong way, I'm unraveling the entire thing and leaving it there, like a cottonelle rug.

3 comments:

WorldWide Pants said...

Seriously, I don't get it. What's so bad about it coming from the bottom?

(And yes, that is what she said.)

unc said...

I so agree with you. It makes my brain hurt when those 'tp roll-wrongers' try to justify their totally bizarre behavior. It like telling me "of course it's better to drive your car in reverse all the time and here's why......"

Anonymous said...

you're all wrong... you do it your 'wrong' way so you can do the one-handed rip! not so possible if its set the way YOU like it.