Saturday, March 21, 2009

Creativity


I've been wallowing in a lot of self-pity these days. The world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket (btw, what exactly is a handbasket?) and I have just sunk into the depressing pit of it all. It's time for me to get off my arse and be creative. Had a fun date with a girlfriend yesterday, and she's all making things, and training puppies, and re-porcelaining clawfoot tubs - I didn't even know you could do this yourself, but she is doing it. And she's looking at this whole economic downturn from an artist's perspective. I need her positive outlook. If some of the best ideas come out of a recession, it's time for me to get idea-izing...or thinking, as it were.

So here are some of my creative ideas - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1) Turn Casa Country into a working farm. It could be the first Westchester Kibbutz! If H-ette and I get a couple chickens, a couple turkeys and some lambs and just let them roam within the confines of the electric dog fence, they can procreate and we can start zapping them off and eating them - certainly cuts down on the grocery bill, and we won't end up with turkey-sausage problems like we did the other night - no idea what was in those links from Stew Leonard's, but it sure wasn't turkey...


2) Graffiti the exterior of the house, a la Stephen Sprouse. This would take "curb appeal" up to a whole new level, really making ours stand out from the pact...cars would start slowing down and taking pictures, and we may even get some exposure on HGTV's "What's With That House?"

3) Move all the furniture outside. It's getting warmer, this could be fun. I wonder what it would feel like to move my tempurpedic outdoors and sleep under the stars...

4) Create a hot air balloon out of hundreds of regular balloons. Attach them all to a bicycle and then attempt to ride off into the sunset like ET.


I'm just getting started with this...the possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lambs! Hahah.

Anonymous said...

btw it's not "stand out from the pact" but "stand out from the pack" - aint you some kind of english major or sumpin?