Monday, March 30, 2009

Mustaches



This past weekend, H-ette and Broseph participated in El Dia Del Mustache...also known as the Day of the Mustache. This is an annual competition for mustache glory, during which throngs of participants grow, cultivate, theme-select, and show off their staches in front of one another, sort of like the Westminster Dog Show, only they are men. With staches.

This year, H-ette and Broseph participated in the event, cultivating their own staches for weeks. They believed they had some good growth - and H-ette even Just For Men'd his hairy upper lip Jet Black to really drive home points. BTW, this is a look I hope to never revisit, H-ette.

So on Saturday, I had the distinct pleasure of witnessing my brother, dressed in full regalia, as Magnum P.I. -- and H-ette dressed as Metallica's security/roadie guy. 

Their day involved (but was not limited to) sharing a limo ride from Westchester to Manhattan with no fewer than six other grown men with mustaches, 7 or so hours in the diviest dive bar the city has to offer (I can attest, I had to smell them both afterwards), and one measly nomination, which went to Broseph for his Magnum interpretation. He lost, however, to what was described as a serious stache-devoted Selleck impersonator.

Congrats, boys. It's good to have your faces back. I'm glad there are no more children to potentially frighten with your molester-esque face sweaters.

1 comment:

Commandant Lassard said...

I think their 'staches appear thicke and glorious. You should consider yourself lucky to know such fine men.