Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gift ideas anyone?


You know what really grinds my gears? People who expect you to guess the perfect gift for them for their birthday. The nice thing about girls is that they make it extremely easy to get them the perfect present. We leave dog-eared magazines all over the house, we muse loudly about that great purple bag their friend had the other day, remember, the one we pointed out to you, remember?!, we linger in front of store shops, looking at a specific display as we walk by, we even freaking send you links of the earrings we want and when they are going on sale at shopbop. When all else fails we make sure our sister knows exactly what we want, so when you give her a buzz for advice, everyone is prepared. But noooo, Pants doesn't drop any hints, because he wants to be surprised.

How much freaking pressure do you think that puts on me?! Well it's a lot. Here were some of my ideas and why I ruled them out:
  • Watch: Gave him one from the office last year that he never wears
  • Engraved wallet clip: He likes separate compartments in his wallet probably to hide cards of women he meets
  • PS3/xbox/Wii: Too stupid
  • Weekend Trip: Saving for PR/wedding
  • Camera: Got him fancy one last year that he never uses
  • Clothes/shoes: He'll be pissed, he considers those necessities, not gifts
  • Kindle: Makes him mad, he likes pages
  • Puppy: We barely like the dog we currently have
  • New Mac: Get real, I'm broke
So I'm fresh out of ideas. Pants if you annonymously comment on this post with a gift suggestion, then you can have what you want, and it will be like you're suprised because I won't know who suggested it. Smart right. Send in your ideas. Oh and happy birthday Pants!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby, all I want...hell, all I've ever wanted...is some kick-ass ps3 games for your little brother. I love you baby.