Monday, August 17, 2009

Sweet dreams are (not) made of this


Dreams are ridiculous. How do they happen? Where do the ideas and scenarios and occurrences come from? I don't understand! Why do we have dreams about flying, and floating, and dreams that involve people we know in scenarios we would never find ourselves in with those people? I've been having ridiculously awkward dreams lately. One involved my teeth, which were each being held together by little wire twist ties. And most recently, hubby was missing his eyes (literally, empty sockets) and was chasing me around trying to gouge mine out with an ice pick. Wtf?

Why can't dreams be pretty and fun and clever? Like Alice in Wonderland journeys, or winning the lotto? Why do people use the phrase "In your dreams" as if they were full of sex and fancy stuff and rainbows? And who the hell decides what dreams "mean?" How does anyone know what it means when I dream about falling into a refrigerator and the door shutting and locking me in?


1 comment:

Portent Pants said...

I have a dream dictionary that could shed some light on these nighttime missives ...