Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm drawn to train wrecks


I can't turn away. Take The Hills, for example. I managed to steer clear of this particular train wreck for YEARS...I never saw a single episode of Laguna Beach...when all my BFFs were chatty Cathy-ing it up about this Kristen Cavatelli and ragu biatch I was ho hum with my own "intellectually stimulating" shows, like ER. Or Six Feet Under.

But somehow, somewhere along the line, between Lauren's center part and her half head braid looks, I got sucked in.
That's how it happens. It's like ambient noise in the background, and all of a sudden, you catch an interesting song, a diddy you've heard maybe once before but never placed. And here it is, and you're like "what's that song?" so you turn the volume up and pay attention. So while Brody's fightin' with Lauren who's fightin' with Audrina, you're just semi-listening to the banter, just waiting for the chorus to come in. And then, just like that, the crack pipe is put down, and you find yourself rewinding -- going, "did she just say that?" or "she's not seriously hooking up with him..." or "did Heidi really just look to Jesus for guidance regarding Spencer?"

So here I sit, H-ette snoring away in the bedroom, and I'm watching the season premiere of The Hills. And it's D-R-A-M-A fro the get-go, and I love it. I love every minute. I'm loving Bedroom Eyes this season, and even more so, this new Kristin girl is a dream come true for TV. So sweet, that girl. Really. We all need a Kristin in our lives...and a voodoo doll in her likeness.

1 comment:

H-Ette said...

Serious, this crap is warping your mind. Why not at least get that exercise ball out during the episodes so it isn't a complete waste of time during those 30 minutes.