Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My stupid DVR broke.


Do you know what that's like?  I mean I usually make the time to watch my shows the night they air and all, but a girl needs safety back up.  What if one of the housewives goes to a fashion show and I don't see what happens cause I can't pause or rewind the thing after I can't hold it anymore and am gonna explode if I don't go pee?  Or worse, what if I can't be home at all, and completely miss out on a session with Dr. Weston.  You learn so much every time you visit him, how will I ever catch up?  Every single day Oprah has an ah-ha moment that I miss.  How will I learn, how will I grow?  Reading can suck it, I need delicious TV entertainment and I need to watch it on demand.  

So tonight I fished out my Time Warner bill to get the account number and made the dreaded call to the customer service center.  By some miracle an angel named Louisa, bless her non-english speaking heart, she fixed me.  I mean she fixed my DVR and I will forever live in gratitude of her.

As I looked at my bill, I noticed a point about Run Runner internet service for 43 bucks a month - that we don't use.  Apparently the owner of the sublet had never cut it off, meaning I've paid for it for 9 months and never used it.  That's nearly $400 I gave away for nothing.  Crushing.  So to make up for it, I cancelled Showtime - I mean when is Weeds ever even coming back?! 

The moral of this story is my DVR is back.  I know that's not a moral, more of a life-affirming statement, but still.  I am whole again. 

1 comment:

Your brother said...

That can't be right. How could you not once in the last 9 months look at your bill! Our mutual parents must be spinning around in their life graves (which is what I call beds)