Thursday, April 23, 2009

OK, I almost never do this, but my dad sent me a haunting reminder recently that it's the anniversary of the end of the Holocaust, so I felt compelled to share.  It was just 60 years ago, but we don't discuss it.  In the UK some schools dropped the topic from history lessons all together - it's true I looked it up. 

Six million kvetchers like you and me were rounded up, starved and tortured before they were murdered.  Talk about having something to complain about. There are only about 14 million of us in the whole world right now.  Nearly half of us were killed.  It made me think about what life would be like if half of the Jews I know were gone.  

Life would suck way harder without people like Jason Segel, Zac Efron, Scarlett Johansson, Tori Spelling and Jon Stewart, not to mention the ettes.  (Most of them are basically halfies but still.)  Love your Jew neighbor and let's remember.  

2 comments:

Guamaniac said...

I love my Jew neighbor...especially Pants...I mean...out of Pants...I mean...nevermind.

jewette said...

Well and proudly said.