Monday, May 11, 2009

Lost: 1 Samsonite roll bag


So in another effort to prove the infinite reach of the interwebs, I found another website today that I think deserves a shout out... IsThisYourLuggage.com

This crazy (but somehow mitzvah-doing) person buys lost luggage at the airport auction (where luggage goes to die after they can't find someone to claim it) and then takes it home, empties it out, and photographs the contents, sort of in the hopes that it will help connect luggage to owner. So in the instance that the owner of the luggage, who apparently didn't think to check back with the airport/airline, and let months and months lapse -- if that person happens to know about this website and check it regularly, they may very well be in luck, should they be able to identify that pair of lace-edged panties.

Only problem is, this person seems a little creepy, and I'm not quite sure I'd even want my stuff back after it's been laid out on some stranger's bed and photographed. I'd probably let you keep it for art's sake.

No comments: