Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My parents are totally random

Is this happening to you guys too? Your parents reach a certain age and then do totally wacky stuff. My dad forwarded me one of these "warning emails" that you are supposed to pass on to everyone you know to potentially save a life. Doesn't seem so un-parent like unless you know my Dad. He cares about serious shit like being Jewish, and Republicans and the Holocaust. This one is about bad pancakes. I don't think we ever even ate pancakes at home, but now this is his big concern.
Once he didn't speak to me for three months - not kidding - three months because he found out I smoked some herbal and was sure it was the gateway drug to a lifelong addiction to meth. Well sorry pop, all that did was make me want to blaze even more and now you just gave me a craving for some IHOP.

Read below if you are concerned about the pancake epidemic.



A student at HBHS (high school) had pancakes this week and it almost
became fatal. His Mom (registered nurse) made him pancakes, dropped him
off at school and headed to play tennis. She never takes her cell phone on the
court but did this time and her son called to say he was having trouble
breathing. She told him to go to the nurse immediately and proceeded to
call school and alert the nurse. The nurse called the paramedics and they were
there in 3 minutes and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital. He
came so close to dying. Evidently this is more common then I ever knew.
Check the expiration dates on packages like pancakes and cake mixes that
have yeast which over time develop spores. Apparently, the mold that forms
in old mixes can be toxic! Throw away ALL OUTDATED pancake mix, brownie
mixes, Bisquick, cake & cookie mixes, etc., you have in your home.

P.S. Tell this to your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces and
anyone else who keeps these types of mixes in the cupboard.

No comments: