Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How scary was that thunderstorm last night?


Man did it rain last night. I woke up at 2:41 am because my 3 pound dog jumped into bed and needed a cuddle - I quickly realized why. It was the scariest freaking thunderstorm ever. Major loud, cracking thunder directly above our heads and serious hot lightening almost reaching in through our window. Of course I woke Pants up to hold my hand, because hand-holding equals protection from thunder obviously. But while I laid awake it got me thinking. I'm sure I learned at some point in my education why thunder happens, but I couldn't for the life of me give you the answer now. I know we're a ways off from kids, but I need to figure out a good answer. I'm sure I'll be asked one day, and "god bowling" isn't gonna cut it.

I'll also need answers to these questions. They are all normal everyday things/concepts that work - but I have no clue how.

  • Airplanes: Still not quite sure how a giant, zillion pound machine can drive kinda fast and then just take off and fly in the air for extended hours until it's time to slow down and land.
  • Planets and Galaxies: I sort of understand how a telescope works but I'm not so sure about how we know that are a ton of galaxies with millions of stars in them. Basically if we haven't been there, there's no real proof as far as I'm concerned.
  • Those pictures where if you stare hard enough, or relax your eyes or some shit you see another picture inside. No freaking clue, I never see the other picture.
  • Snowflakes all being different: Really? Not so sure
  • Renee Zellweger: Why is she famous?

No comments: