Monday, June 29, 2009

From now on I'm weighing myself first thing in the am


Those close to me know I've been hitting the gym pretty regularly lately. And by "hitting" I mean, going and doing 30 minutes of pretty easy, non-sweaty cardio on the elliptical while watching an old episode of some stupid VH1 charm school/dating show, and then promptly packing up and going home for a big meal on the couch while I watch an episode of some MTV real world / challenge type show. Those who know me understand that that's quite a stretch from my normal routine of "hitting" the grocery store and then heading home for the couch / meal / TV combo. The sad part is despite my energetic efforts, I've yet to see a change in the scale. Of course I weigh myself everyday after my evening workout, becasue the only point to workout really is too see the pounds fall away, but that stupid scale doesn't budge. It's firmly at a number I do not wish to share with you. Annoying right. Well this weekend I worked out in the am and guess what, two pounds down. What does that mean? I will only weigh myself in the morning from now on. My official weight will be my 9 am weight, before I eat anything, before my body has a chance to bloat, etc. No more of this 7 pm heaftyess for me. Additionally, I've decided my workout clothes weigh five pounds. They must right? All that heavy cotton! That sports bra has to have a ton of big strong elastic to keep my girls from knocking me in the eye when I run, that's probably two pounds right there. Also, you can't really count my hair can you - all big and curly and long, that's got to have some girth that's adding to the overall. I'm not going to count it, down another pound. So in all, not so bad huh, what's that eight pounds down?! Seems my workouts have paid off, I'm actually much thinner than I appear.

No comments: