Monday, July 6, 2009

Here are the things I'm thinking about today:

  1. Our blog really helps people. A certain someone saw the praise we heaped on a certain ex-smoker and became jealous of the attention. The next day he tosses his pack of Parliments and has since been smoke-free. Went cold turkey. No idea where that term comes from, but still. We are proud, and we take credit.
  2. I seriously don't care about MJ. I know I'm awful, whatever. Come on guys, were you expecting Thriller 2? His best days were far far behind him - he was a good dancer yes, but a completely screwed up person. Let's just let it be done with please.
  3. Palin: Don't you love this. What a freaking whackado she is. I am so waiting for the "part 2" of that announcment, like Todd has a love child with someone, or she's taken a job as a Fox news correspondent - sorry Pants, but there has to be more to this story. I knid of wish she would go the way of MJ and just be out of our lives, but maybe without the death part.
  4. Coney Island is a giant dumpster. I will never go there again. When someone actually overlapps their blanket on your towel - that's it. Respect my sapce people! Never again.
  5. I am OBSESSED with Twilight. That Edward Cullen gets me all hot and bothered, I was comparing Pants to him all weekend. I love Pants, but he's so unvampirey, which is a shame. I'm totally a 13-year-old girl in a 30 year-old's body.
  6. Picnics in the park are the single best thing about NYC in the summer.
  7. Fireworks. Why do people insist on videotaping them? They never look as good on camera and when you are watching through that little screen you are missing the whole point of actually experiencing the fireworks. Ooh but did you see that new one where there's a big burst and the little lights make that awesome round shape and then just before they die out, they all make little sqwiggly movements. I know, it's hard to describe fireworks, but they were cool.

No comments: