Wednesday, July 22, 2009

seriously?

Do I have to respond to this person on Facebook?

From random jew name: "are you the same Ette1 I went to Hebrew School with?"

  1. What if I am? So what? Are we going to meet to reminisce about learning to write the aleph bet now that we've reconnected? What do you want to talk about exactly?
  2. I was probably 10-years-old in Hebrew school. The only thing I remember was that one guy was kind of cute. So that's essentially how I spent my time, thinking about cute young jew boys, not learning Hebrew, and clearly not forming a lasting relationship with this girl who may or may not have been sitting in the same room with me once a week for a few months.
  3. Do I have to "friend" every freaking acquaintance I've ever had in my life? I spoke to the taxi driver last night, he asked about my day and where I was going to, is he my FB friend? I've spent more time with him recently than this girl, that has to count for something.
  4. What in the world made her think of me? There's no way I was suggested to her, we don't have any friends in common and I certainly didn't list my Hebrew school in my profile. Why after 20 years, would she remember my full name and have any inclination to contact me now. Was I really mean to her back then - like a bully that she now wants to connect with so I know how she felt back then. Entirely possible. I was way bitchy, I probably have enemies. But I feel like I pretty much kept to myself back then, it was before blogs. Maybe she always thought I was cool and pretty and wanted to be my friend, but then lost touch with me until facebook put everyone out on front street. Also entirely possible, I was a hot pre-teen, I was one of the first to get boobies and that counts for a lot in junior high - just ask Pants, they brought him around looking for me 15 years later too.
  5. Anyway, it's weird. And I'm not friending her. I don't need her daily updates about how glad she is it's almost Friday, or how much she loves her husband or how the rain totally sucks.

No comments: