Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pet Peeve #479


The Redundancy Communicator.

This is the person who sends an email to you with explicit requests/information/bullet points/theses, and then shows up at your desk the minute the email has hit your inbox, saying “I just sent you an email with blah blah blah” and proceeds to verbally address all issues in said email.
Why bother sending an email at all? You’re now here, invading my personal space, you could have saved the valuable Interwebs space for something else, like forwarding on one of your stupid “God Works in Mysterious Ways” emails.

This behavior is not limited to email. It carries over to instant messaging. As in, you ask someone a question on IM and next thing you know they are behind you, peering onto your computer screen, going, “oh, I thought I would just come over and explain.”
Well if I just wanted you to explain in person, my lazy ass would have gotten up and invaded YOUR desk from the beginning! I want a simple answer, IM style. I don’t want to be bothered, I don’t want you seeing that I’m working on my blog or have some online shopping windows open on my computer — stay away. Just respond the way the good Skype intended and we’ll all be better off.

No comments: