Thursday, November 6, 2008

1958



Watching this captivating video makes me wonder if modern technology has, rather than make our lives easier, made it harder. Everything these days works off some stupid computer or high-tech invention. Cases in point -

  1. The Rabbit corkscrew. F-ing thing cost us an arm and a leg to get the "deluxe version" for MIL-ette and PIL-ette when we were in wine country. We came home touting this as the best thing since sliced bread...look, ma! It opens wine with no hands...not so much. Stupid thing is harder to get the cork out of than if I tried to de-cork a wine bottle with my pinky nail. There's something to be said for old fashioned corkscrew.
  2. Blackberry. F-ing thing claims to be the smartest smartphone out there, but yet every week, without fail, a day goes by where it just "chooses" at whim to delete my text messages/emails/call log. So just when I am about to prove a point by using such a message as my proof, POOF - it's gone. Not so smart, if you ask me.
  3. Cars. My car is great. Don't get me wrong. It's a sleek, fast driving machine that costs me way too much money, but usually gets me from point A to point B and looks damn good doing it. Everything in it though is run on a computer, as most cars these days. Funny, then, how yesterday morning it just "decides" to lock itself in drive - not letting a sister reverse, park, take the damn keys out of the ignition...NOTHING. Seriously. WTF.
  4. Relationships. Apparently women these days are too opinionated. They should just be subservient and smile, and cook yummy casseroles. Guess that's why so many marriages lasted in the 50's. Guess that's also why so many of those folks hate each other now and sleep in separate bedrooms.
Watch this video. It will move you. To tears, possibly.

No comments: