Wednesday, November 5, 2008

W O W


today is a good day.

1) my dining room was painted. and when I say it looks polished and glam, it's just the tip of the iceberg. H-ette turned a wall of crappy built-in floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookcases into custom, glossy works of art. (I sort of think H-ette was a Mexican subcontractor in a previous life...maybe that's where his exceptional Spanish slang and cursing comes from.) I can hardly wait to unpack my knicknacks and start shelf-styling - my secret favorite thing to do.


2) it has been confirmed that my tempurpedic mattress did not turn into a smushed piece of foam while hanging out in a storage pod for 4 months. Yesssss.


3) I looked extra cute today. thanx, spanx.


4) I still have 3/4 of my saved, one year old wedding cake, which I will enjoy tonight while catching up on some DVR. Believe it or not, it tastes amazing. Except for the icing, which tastes a little like...well, like frosting that's been frozen for a year. Just not worth the calories.


5) One word, three syllables. O.Ba.Ma. Today it occurred to me that life is going to start looking up again. Such a simple revelation, I know. But so f-ing true. Go us.

No comments: