Monday, January 26, 2009

Creative ways to make money in a crap economy


I think now is a good time to get creative about money making ideas. The economy is in the crapper. Unemployment rates are spiking. Milk even costs more money. I'm quite frankly starting to feel a little down about it, because I don't particularly like being on a major budget restriction. Mama needs a manicure. So, here are my ideas for making a quick buck.

1. Reality web cam - people love reality shows. I could set up a website and charge users ten bucks to watch H-ette and I in our home environment..just living. Nothing dirty, so all you dirty birds will have to find another website for that - I certainly wouldn't give that up for ten dollars, that's for sure. I'm talking, you can watch us cook, watch TV, be lazy and slovenly, fart, make the bed, play tug-of-war with the doggie and her canine sauvignon toy (b/c she's secretly a wino too). C'mon...you can't even tell me that isn't better than the Hills. Or The City.

2. Turn our house into a B&B. We've got this separate caretaker's apartment...we could totally rent that sucker out nightly. Or hourly, even. Who cares if it's not technically "zoned" for that? It's also not zoned for my neighbor's dog to come prancing onto my yard whenever he feels like and drop a deuce, but he does that...so apparently the neighbors around here don't follow all the rules. Why shouldn't I capitalize on it?

3. Sell H-ette's contracting services out. He doesn't know it yet, but I've been doing some math about what his work is worth, and I am convinced this is the most lucrative idea to date. A little sheetrock here, an electrical outlet there...before you know it, the dollars will be rolling in.

4. Sell stuff on ebay. I have way too much stuff for a 24 year old. (shut up, everyone). I am going to sell some of my wares on the internets. I have lots of CD's. And books. I don't use CD's anymore and I read most of the books, so why not get rid of them. They are just a fire hazard anyway.

5. Rent out the dog to senior homes. I know a lot of people volunteer their dogs for such things, but times are tough...and Leia the Wunderdog is pretty amazing. She does tons of tricks. She high fives. She snuggles. She's adorable. Her breath stinks, but I bet most of the old people's breath stinks too, so they won't mind. Little old ladies will love her. And it will boost their morale. Wouldn't you pay for that?

That's a good start. Let me know if you have any great ideas for me to pursue. I'm game for anything that doesn't involve my boobs.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you have started by selling off some of those years of yours. What did you get for them? Hmmmm.... at $1,599.99 each that's ..... damn my calculator broke. I thinks its approximately $31 - don't blame me for a wrong number - I flunked math.