Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Back


and better than ever - 2009 is going to be the best. year. ever. How do you like that for a positive attitude? It doesn't happen often, so eat it up.

So in other news...I think I'm going to start a new business. As a lead-in to this, I'll share with you what led me to this grand plan. I happen to have a good eye for antiques and such. I have managed to acquire many a fabulous piece in my day, including a lot of six convex mirrors, various sizes, each in a unique frame. Fabulous, right? Yeah, I paid $25 for the sextet. That's right. 25 buckaroos. I like to call it funhouse chic.


Today I happened across a special-looking antique shop, and had to take a peek. This place was full of gorgeous stuff, wall to wall finds, lots of one-of-a-kind pieces. And the walls? All adorned with hundreds of convex mirrors. Now just for shits and giggles I turned over one of the price tags to reveal...$910. I had to ask the shopgirl if it was missing a decimal. Or a zero and a decimal. Now I need to know. How the F is this woman staying in business in a shiteous economy where people are losing their jobs left and right, and she's selling thousand dollar CONVEX MIRRORS?? I mean they're not even useful mirrors!! You can't do your makeup in them, and you can't really get an accurate read on how you look in those new jeans from one. They're really purely decorative. And not even artwork. Like, I get it if someone takes four months to paint a painting. All their blood, sweat and creativity poured onto a canvas, sure, go ahead and charge me $1200 for it, or $12000, I suppose it's all relative. But we're talkin' about a mirror. There's no artwork, the frame isn't even that special. And it's small! It's only taking up about one square foot worth of wall space. That won't help your decorating future.

So I'm starting a new business. A great business, actually. You can now commission me to find you spectacular things for your home. Wonderful things, really. Whatever you're looking for, I can find it for you, cheaper than some fancy-pants antique store that'll rip you off in a bad economy. Actually, I'm expanding on my own idea here. I can find you just about anything you need in life. How's that for ambition?

I charge a 20% markup finder's fee.
So what are you looking for? Try me.

No comments: