Monday, January 5, 2009

Two Truths and a Lie


I have been wondering about something...like, I know it's not right to tell lies. I get that, and I subscribe to that notion, don't get me wrong. But I need to know something. If someone contacts you on facebook, or myspace, or email, say, and compliments your dog (b/c you don't have kids) and you log on to their profile and attempt to reciprocate the good karma by complimenting them on their bird, or their dog or their kid, but their bird/dog/kid is butt ugly, is it better to lie and tell them how amazing their bird/dog/kid is, or to not say anything at all...

Not that I've been through this personally, I am just curious. I happen to be very lucky and have friends who have extremely cute dogs, birds, kids and such. But for future reference I'm curious what's appropriate. Nothing personal to anyone I know. Help me out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i see a baby pic and think the kid isn't cute, i say something like, "aw how sweet," or "he's so little"

with my luck, i'll get a little, sweet kid of my own.

Anonymous said...

Honestly is always the best policy. Take that kid's shirt for example -- dude just throws it out there. Gotta love 'em for it.