Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My special alone time - is no longer


Got some good news this weekend. Pants has been moved from night schedule (3pm -11pm) to day (8pm-5pm). Finally I can now enjoy a dinner with my fiancĂ©, maybe even see a weekday movie, the options are endless. I spent all yesterday feeling extremely happy about the news and making plans for the wonderful dinners I’ll make now that I have someone other than a 3-pound dog to cook for.

Then I thought about it more. If Pants is around that kind of puts a kink into my normal weekday activities.

For instance Monday nights alone:

  • 7-8: Eat Nutella out of the jar while flipping through entertainment shows and wedding magazines, thinking about when I’m going to start my wedding diet
  • 8-9: Gossip Girl wrapped in slanket
  • 9-10 Jon & Kate + 8
  • 10-10:30: The Hills
  • 10:30-11:15: Catch up on Oprah
  • 11:15: relaxing bath
  • 11:40: listen to music I like while picking out clothes for next day
  • 11:45: chillax with Pants till bed time.

I’m pretty much set in that schedule. Can’t deviate too much or it’ll mess up my whole system. But there’s no way Pants is letting me have that much couch time for my shows. I’m sure there is some Monday night sporting game he’s going to insist on watching. “It’s the field hockey championships in Dublin!”


What about Thursday beauty night, when I move the coffee table and spread out all my mani / pedi products on the floor for a complete hand and foot makeover. He going to make room for that?


How about when I want to have loud conversations with girlfriends gossiping about Pants and all his friends. How will I accomplish that with him around every night?


Don’t tell him, but the whole schedule change is starting to stress me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love nutella. Smeared on anything but mostly just alone.