Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some great wedding planning tips for Ette1


H-ette and I discovered our new favorite show the other day, and I thought Ette1 would benefit from some tips we gathered from watching a couple episodes. It's just the kind of friend I am, 1 I hope you appreciate me...

Credit goes to My Big Redneck Wedding, on CMT. Okay, here goes:

1. Why buy a wedding dress when you can Sharpie the silhouette of one on to a wife beater? Same goes for hubbie. A Sharpie'd bowtie and buttons really takes the old Penguin Suit up a creative notch. A true one-of-a-kind for a special day.

2. If canned beer was an acceptable party beverage during college, you can bet your guests will appreciate it at your wedding. It really has a nostalgic quality - pull out the beer bong and gain extra credit with the younger 'kids' who will think you are super cool. You'll be too drunk to care about grandma's horror.

3. Wedding cake is totally a budget waster. By the time you cut into that sucker, half your guests have their coats on and want to leave, and the other half are dancing and don't care. Save your money and instead go for chocolate pudding diapers. Swear to you, One, last night's episode the bride and groom had a Eat Shit contest for dessert - they served pudding inside baby diapers and the first person to eat it (no hands allowed) had to put the diaper on their head and yell 'done!' and they got a free can of beer. It was total class, and super fun to boot. Games at your wedding?! So original.

4. Speaking of games...I kid not - this couple greased up a baby pig and let the kids run around and chase it. Now THAT is what I call a great Pants/Ette1 wedding game - really breaks the ice with Abba Ette - he might reconsider pork.

5. Who needs a chuppah when you have the bed of a pick up truck? THAT is class, people. Anyone who tries to tell you different probably also thinks that hot dogs don't make good wedding dinner entrees, and, well - that is just plain foolish.

Well there you have it. I will update this list when I am next inspired to do so. I hope this advice is helpful, and I can't WAIT to see which of these tips you choose to incorporate into your very own fete.


No comments: