Sunday, February 8, 2009

OK my niece is some kind of freaking baby genius

This really happened.

We were at Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend and Pants bought this stupid Pumpkin Spice candle thing, and I'm like why because who even wants that smell around when there's no real pumpkin pie in the area, but fine. So he pulls the label off and puts it on the coffee table. Angel Baby comes over and picks it up, so I tell her to smell it. Without missing a beat she says "Umpkin." How the freaking freak did this kid know what pumpkin smells like or even know the word for pumpkin?! I look at sissette for some explanation, she said AB has never had pumpkin pie and she's never heard her say that word. WTF dude. She's some sort of savant, but in a good knowing-the-names-of-unfamiliar-smells sort of way. Anyway she's freaking brilliant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can I not put my two cents in. I made myself a cup of coffee at angel baby's house and she pointed to the coffee cup and said Starbucks (I kid you not). Pure genius and soooo lovable.
ette1mom