Thursday, August 28, 2008

blech


It's hard to be funny when you feel like crap. And today, I feel like crap. A bit cloudy, actually.


So what's there to be funny about...nothing funny about tea and chicken noodle soup, so I'll leave you with this....


You know that song "Blinded by the light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band? I love that song. Whenever it comes on I sing it at the top of my lungs. I always thought the lyrics were a little strange, but then again, so are a lot of lyrics. I mean, you kinda have to be a little weird to write good music, I've experienced that firsthand. (I told you I would come back to this topic and I never go back on a promise.)


So I sing and I sing, and until somebody finally had the guts to tell me otherwise, I've been singing this:


Blinded by the light
Wrapped up like a douche
A little roamer in the night.


Well, I guess Manfred Mann didn't exactly mean to call his "roamer" a "douche," as the real lyrics, just made aware to me are:


Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night.


I happen to like my lyrics better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, mmmmmmmmmkay.