Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics Are for Kids


Watched the opening ceremony last night for the Olympics. Parts of it were pretty spectacular. The whole time I was thinking, were these people held and chained and whipped until they got the choreography down pat? It wouldn't surprise me. It's such a shame to see what probably cost hundreds of millions of dollars in unnecessary fireworks and hoopla when half the people are still holed up in Fema-esque closets. But whatever, I'm not providing you with any groundbreaking opinion on that, so we'll leave it be. My time is better served commenting on our President's presence at the ceremony. In addition to shots of him looking bored to pieces and checking his watch, I am sure conversation (if any) between Mr. Smarty Pants and his Lady were quite interesting during the four hours. I would like to provide hypothetical snippets for you here:

"Hey Laura, wanna share some lo mein with me? This thing is gonna take a while."


"Where are the cheerleaders?"


"It's too bad they don't have an Olympic sport for searchin' the Googles...I would win that fer sher."


"Why they lettin' Georgia get their own category here? Did they break off from the US? Why didn't Condeleeza tell me about that?"

"Madagascar. I really liked that movie. Them animals talkin? That's some funny stuff."


"Iraq is here? Iran? Someone get me that red button I like to push. Quick!"


"Chad - I love me some Chads. Them people's how I got to be President in the first place..he he he...the ole' Chad."

No comments: