Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Do I know you?


I need to know. This is something that's been bothering me for a while, and there is no Emily Post solution to this problem. It is killing me inside. I think about it all the time. Not really all the time, but some times. Okay, I think about it never except for right now, but whatever - that' s not the point. I need to know - if someone sends you a friend request on facebook and you don't know them (or don't remember them, but you know you must know them because they are from your hometown, graduated high school with you, were on your swim team, etc...), or worse yet you know them and don't like them, or at least didn't like them the last time you saw them 13 years ago, is it silly to deny their friend request? I need to know.

Is it considered socially irresponsible to allow those people into your network if you really don't know who they are (or, again - you don't like them)? Or is it just plain petty-betty to deny their internets outreach - I mean really, what access are they really getting into your world...a couple photo opps of you when you were drunk? Or getting married? A glimpse at your favorite movie?

I am torn by this whole thing. I like the idea of having my tight knit Interwebs network of peeps I can call on or turn to in the middle of the night with my "Current mood." It's reassuring, really, especially if you are feeling lonely. It also sort of makes me feel a little like Amy Sacco in the early 2000's when she was all Bungalow 8 exclusive - you know, before the days when they let any old peon with a hundred bucks in there.

But I also kind of like the idea of someone I don't like or even know being able to see how ridiculously cool I am.
Especially if they express interest. How do you feel, readerettes? Let me know.

Or better yet, facebook me.

But only if you know me. And you know I like you.

No comments: