Friday, November 16, 2007

Cab number 4M19


I was so excited when they decided to put credit card machines in the cabs - I never carry cash with me, and using my debit card would be the ultimate convenience. So now that many cabs are equipped with the technology I'm so freaking frustrated that none of them will let me use it. I think the main issue is they don't get paid right away with credit cards - they have to wait a week for the money to clear and come in to them, so they prefer cash. So they NEVER let me use it. They always make some excuse that it's not working, but the f'ing tv is blaring in there and it's counting up my fair - I know that shit works and they are just lying. But what can you do? I actually yelled at a cab driver yesterday about it and then ended up having to go to an ATM to pay him anyway - he shut it off before I could swipe my card. So I'm totally reporting him. I'm calling 311. And look out for this Cab # 4m19 - his name is Mbema Barry. Mbeba you don't know what you've got coming to you. I feel for the taxi drivers, they don't make a lot and work hard hours and stuff, but I swear I will triple the tip - just save me the hassle and let me use the credit card - please!

No comments: