Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lars

Thought as a service to our readers, I'd provide recos on interesting films, tv shows, books, etc...


Had a date with my sister and brother in law this weekend (so pathetic I know, but they paid and bought me popcorn and raisonettes, so can't complain) and we saw Lars and the Real Girl. We all enjoyed, highly recommend. Sweet, slightly sad story of a young man and how he and his family deals with his delusions. Anyway it was well done. What was not well done was the hyena who sat behind me laughing hysterically at every minor silly moment. You know how something can be sort of funny in an ironic way, and you sort of smile and give a little sigh - that was the right reaction to basically every thing in the movie. This woman was basically falling out of her seat laughing in this booming horrendous man laugh. Sort of ruined it for me. But as long as you don't see it with her, you should be fine.

No comments: