Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


The tree is up in Rock Center - that's right, it's November 15th and the tree is up. The official lighting ceremony is still about two weeks away, but it's the annual sign that Christmas is going to throw up all over the city again and make you pray for the spring. I know I'm a grinch, but Hanukkah starts December 4th this year, nice and early, can't we plan to enjoy that for a minute before they shove Christmas down our throats? Do you think if a jew becomes president they'll erect a 100' tall menorah? Or would that make New York City an even bigger terrorist target... OK, I'll just put a giant dreidel on my desk to prove a point - to no one in particular, but my dad would be proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Face it, Ette, Christmas will ALWAYS be the holiday New Yorkers go crazy about. Just the way it is. Maybe you can get into the spirit by eating candycanes or chocolate chip cookies. Sure beats latkes and applesauce, but I may be a bit biased. In any case, bam humbug to malseasoned greetings!

:-)

Frosty The Snowman