Monday, November 26, 2007

Ette2 in the house


Well well, ya'll, I have to say, three weeks certainly goes by in a flash. I know you have missed me my little cupcakes, and I have missed YOU! Life just isn't as meaningful when you don't have loyal blog readers to share it with, so now that I am back I promise to share with you even more than ever before, and cut Ette1 a little pre-holiday slack as she has gone above and beyond the call of kvetch-duty.

So I know you are all just dying to know how the honnamoon was. The Honna and I spent two weeks gallivanting around Hawaii, and then a finale week cruising up the PCH with our final goal being Sonoma for some final R&R and let's just say a LOT of vino. My #1 kvetch about the trip? Vacationing is not cheap. Now that we are back to reality, there will be no more $200 dinners for a while, no more massages and fun sporty rental cars. There will be no more impulse purchases with the excuse that 'it will remind us of that cute town we visited on our honeymoon...' and no more $14 drinks in hotel bars. There will be no more bathing suits for a long time, certainly no more sundresses, and (sigh) no more eating 5 meals a day just because we can.

So what did honna and I do on our journeys? Well I'll give you a bulleted highlight to give you an idea of how we spent our time when we weren't canoodling with each other under the sheets:

  • We snorkeled with a sea turtle.

  • We drove to Hana, Maui--really we just did this because it's called Hana and well, we are the Honna's, but it ended up being one of the best days of our trip. A drive through a Hawaiian rain forest, the best banana bread on earth, a secret red sand beach and the windy, scary roads in our little Miata convertible was worth every second.

  • Honna hit his first hole in one on one of the most beautiful courses in the country, at the Four Seasons Lodge at Koele on the island of Lana'i!!! They are sending him a trophy, and his name will be immortalized on the Clubhouse wall. How's that for luck!

  • We slept in a yurt in Big Sur, and some crazy Santa Ana winds almost lifted our yurt into the Pacific, where Ette2 would have never been heard from again.

  • We ate Thanksgiving dinner at a Michelin-rated restaurant in Sonoma. Let's just say next year's turkey is gonna have a lot to live up to.

And as my tan literally fades as I type, I remind all our readers that life is too short. Go spend money, lie on a beach, eat a fancy dinner, and just worry about how you'll pay for it all later. Trust me, it's good for the soul.




No comments: