Monday, February 11, 2008

Good lord, Aretha

Now I like me some Aretha Franklin. I have R E S P E C T for that woman o' soul. She can croon to her heart's delight (and ours) and I would say nary a word. But when it comes to Ms. Franklin's wardrobe choices, something's gotta give, and at any moment that something is going to be the dental floss holding her dresses of choice up.

Her girls ar so big they have their own zip code. Her girls are so massive, she buys them a separate plane ticket. Her bazonkas are so ginormous, they enter a room 3 days before she does. So why, I must ask, does she wear these gowns that hold those puppies up with spaghetti straps?? Now even I would be hesitant to leave the house in spaghetti straps. Everyone knows that one spin the wrong way on the dance floor and you could be looking at spending the night in jail for assault with a deadly boob. This woman insists on wearing gowns held up by not much more than a string. I just don't understand. It's not flattering. It's not stylish. It's not hot. It defies the laws of gravity.
Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that she is testing out new high-tensile materials for the US army corps of engineers.