Friday, February 15, 2008

Moral quandary

I found 20 bucks laying outside a conference room in my office. I looked around, no one was watching me, I said (not too loudly) “has anyone lost 20 dollars?” No response. What to do next.

I considered pocketing it for a moment – obviously. But then I had a thought, what if there are freaking cameras in this place and someone ends up watching me pick up the $20 that clearly does not belong to me. (Remember the irrational fear of picking my nose at my desk due to hidden cameras – it strikes again. I still pick of course.) So I sent a note to the office asking if anyone is missing some cash. I told them they’d have to describe it to me to have it returned. Here were the real life responses I got from my office, some good stuff.

Even though I wasn’t on the 7th Floor, can I participate? It should have a picture of Andrew Jackson on the front and on the back is a picture of the white house. Also the print is green.

- From the CFO

Meh I only carry $100 bills. Not me.

- From the Mailroom guy

I don’t think it’s mine, but if I come up with a better reason why I need it than anyone else, can I be considered?

- From an Account Exec

The cut off for someone really claiming this thing is noon, then I buy myself a fancy lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are all your co-workers writers for Leno?

Anonymous said...

do you know that your folded dollar bill spells "OSAMA"?

Anonymous said...

I lost a $20 when i was having sex in the confrence room. It must have fell out of my pocket..