Thursday, February 14, 2008

In Treatment


Are you watching this show on HBO? If not, start. It’s adapted from a popular Israeli TV series (which makes it cool all on its own). It’s on every weeknight and chronicles four people who see the same shrink – then on Fridays the shrink goes to his shrink to download about all the nut jobs. Remember how you loved the Sopranos therapy scenes? It’s like that sort of, but without all the heavy breathing. It’s very intense, but compelling and in a weird way makes you feel a lot better about your own life. It also makes me obsess about my therapist, now seeing how this guy reacts to these crazies I wonder what Dr. Regine thinks of me. Is she secretly rolling her eyes because my problems are trivial compared to the serious freaks she must see every week? Or are my visits like a little break from the total drama that is her job – my worst day is like my mom told me she didn’t like the dress I had on. So now on top of my normal anxiety, I’m worried about how my therapist feels about our sessions – and obviously I can’t talk to her about that. Oy, anyway, it’s a good show and will tide me over till they bring back the Flight of the Conchords.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site would be a lot better if I was the Ettes' agent. Just ask Bret and Jermaine who's the best at getting gigs.