Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Here’s the thing about being 29

First is, I am old. I’m so not the youngest anything anymore. It seemed like forever I was the youngest exec in the office, I was the youngest chick at the party, I was the youngest little thing at the conference. Now I’m not, there are 20 little girls who are younger than me at everything and it’s annoying.

Second, I feel old. Nothing reacts like it used to anymore. I used to be able to go to the gym to firm up for spring break and in two weeks be in fighting shape, now I go (well not that often) and nothing changes. Remember being young and being able to sleep in on weekends till like 3 p.m., now I’m up at 8:30 a.m. like a total geek. And of course if I’m not in bed after 11:30 p.m., I’m a complete crank-ass.

Third, I act old. All of the sudden I’m asking everyone to turn their music down, and I don’t understand how kids these days listen to that “noise.” I don’t even know what getting “crunk” is.

Fourth, I’m behind the times. Here I am nearing 30, no husband no kids… even little Jamie Lynn Spears is way ahead of me in terms of life development. I’m pretty much exactly where I was when I was 21, just with slightly more expendable cash-flow and a better title – oh yeah and 15 extra pounds.

So I’m pretty sure 29 will suck. I hope I get good gifts to ease the pain. (Reminder, I wear a 6 Louboutin.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a lighter note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, honey! I don't care how old you think you are, you're still the same old 7th grader I fell in love with way back when.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Birthday Girl,
You were always funny growing up but now the whole world gets a taste of your great sense of humor. Couldn't be prouder of you and all of your accomplishments!

Love ya,
ette1momma

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you little J.A.P.!

=)