Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl confusion

Who do you root for when you hate both teams in the Superbowl? I was faced with this very question this weekend. As a sad Philly fan (who knows her team may not win a Superbowl in her lifetime) it makes watching the big game a bit of a problem. I want to be cool and hang out with friends and drink beer and stuff, but what's the point of watching a game if you aren't rooting for one team over the other? And this weekend became difficult because I hate both the Giants and the Pats. The thing is though I hate the Pats way more than basically any team in the NFL, so I went with the lesser of two evils.

The Pats suck for the following reasons:
-They cheat, all that illegal video taping
-They already won a bunch of times, so it's someone else's turn
-Tom Brady is not that hot, I don't get why women swoon over him, he kind of has a case the dumb face.
-Tom Brady isn't in any really fun commercials. Like those Peyton Manning pep talk commercials crack me up. I know Peyton didn't play this weekend, it was his brother, but just the relation makes it fun. I'm hopeful that Eli will follow in his footsteps and do some good commercials.
-I don't think it's fair that the Pats cover all of New England, pick a city.

So I'm glad the Giants won, it makes me believe in the underdogs, and gives me hope that some day in the future, perhaps when the stars all align, a philly team could possibly win something, any team, any contest will do. Here's to the dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's go Blue!!!