Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week In Review


This has been a doozy of a week for yours truly. I'll tell you, anyone who lies to your face and tells you "It'll get easier..." well just drop 'em like a bad habit because they are lying sacks of potatoes.

What happened this week? Well for one, I have kicked the tar stick once and for all. That's right, I am done. And it is not fun. Husbandette has threatened me with annulment and I have to take him seriously...I know it is a dirty habit but what's wrong with a little 'dirty' every now and again? I mean, everyone loves a good dirty martini so why not a dirty cigarette? Oh well, I'm over it. Well not really, but each day it gets a little easier. Thank you Wellbutrin. And don't go blaming me if I replace my vice with food and get all chunky monkey on you.

What else happened? The miracle of life happened, that's what. Friendette's Mike and Erica Aisner welcomed a perfect and pink baby girl into the world on Monday. Her name is Mollie Irene Aisner and I would venture to guess this is her first Internet exploitation. Mollie, someday you will be able to search the Internets in the public library (like we used to with the dewey decimal system) because by the time you are old enough I bet the internets will have been converted into something else like the Brainernets where Google just implants your brain with all it's vast knowledge, but anyway I hope someday you can search out your name and find your first official shout out here on kvetchette. An official Kvetchette onesie is in the works...

Additionally, I took a new "long term" project which commences on Monday. It's very exciting and will mean more income for me, which means more shoes and bags for me, which means a happier me. Budgets be damned - mama's bringin' home bacon.

And lastly, we (husbandette and I) await a verrrrryy important decision in our lives. I don't like to talk about things prematurely, but let's just say, next Wednesday at 7pm is a very important day for us and so we ask that all Readerettes keep their well-manicured fingers crossed for us because we need all the positive powers of thinking we can get.

Okay, enough "cry me a river," it's back to business.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that decision next week. All your familyettes are with you in spirit.