Friday, July 18, 2008

Anti-orange


In an effort to avoid calorie-rich snack foods (to avoid great-big-ass-syndrome) I’ve decided to pick up a few low-cal summery treats, among them are ice pops and, for my desk, Life Savers. I was steadily going through my roll of the savers yesterday when I came upon the dreaded Orange flavor. Orange is not a yummy flavor – it’s a color that frankly no one really wears because it’s just too much, and same goes for orange candies. There is something about it that’s too tart and weird tasting that can’t possibly measure up to the other flavors. And I’m not even comparing to Cherry – the king of candy. I’ll take any flavor over Orange, even Yellow and Green (otherwise known as lemon and lime)! And same goes for ice pops, you know when you get a full pack you are always pulling out the reds and purples first and then two weeks later you pop in the freezer for an icy treat and all that’s left is stupid oranges, so you just throw them out and make your boyfriend go pick up ice cream for you instead. Ice cream even knows better – there’s no orange ice cream flavor… maybe there’s orange sorbet, but I always eat around that in the rainbow mix anyway. And the worst part is they make it so tricky – the ice pops are packaged in white plastic, purple you can figure out right away, but reds and oranges kind of look the same, so it’s a guessing game and more than 50% of the time you end up with an orange cause you forgot you ate all the reds anyway. It’s a real problem and I’d like to formally initiate a movement to remove the flavor/color combo Orange from all sweet treats. Enjoy orange juice for breakfast and its fine for smoothies, but it’s not candy and should not be labeled accordingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no she didn't. Hey, Kim Kardashian's father! Get me my knife!

Anonymous said...

Hater.

Anonymous said...

Finally, a subject I can relate to...hating based on color!