Monday, July 14, 2008

Splish Splash


Seriously. I can't even believe I haven't kvetched about this yet.

We're talkin' bout automatic flushers in public loos. This stupid invention I guess was the lazy ass answer to dealing with those who forget to flush. Now forgetting to flush is a crime in and of itself, but that's for another day. So this demonic sensor...I'm not really sure how it works, what it's reading. Is it monitoring my pee stream? Is it sensing my body movement? Is it gauging my body temp? I don't know, I'm not sure anyone really does except for the ass who's made millions on this invention. And he's laughing all the way to the toilet.

Every time, without fail, those auto flushers mess me up. It's one of a couple scenarios:

Scenario 1: I am in a bathroom that appears clean enough that I am comfortable using two of those paper toilet seat doilies to do my business. As I am organizing my doilies on the seat, (middle section hanging into the toilet, still attached to the donut part of doily) auto flusher flushes. Taking my perfectly placed, hard work with it. Now I have to start from scratch. Or resort to scenario #2.

Scenario 2: I am in the majority of public restrooms. This is when a careful squat is in order. As I am precariously perched over the bowl, certain to not touch anything - walls, seat, toilet paper holder...auto flusher flushes. As I am mid pee and certainly can't squat any higher/taller, or move anywhere, I vulnerably wince as toilet water and my own pee gets splashed up on my rear thanks to the supersonic, high power bowl demon.

I am putting it out there, officially. It's time to protest this stupid invention. I'm in favor of the old school chain from the ceiling. They're fun, nostalgic, and kids enjoy pulling them, making flushing a game for the whole family.

No comments: