Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snapping is not clapping


I was at an awards breakfast this morning, it was a bunch of PR girls, so just imagine how many babydoll dresses with black tights were in the room - it's like our uniform. At any rate we sipped coffee and stayed away from carbs, pushing runny eggs around our plates while they announced the winners of the beauty awards. (Obviously I eat carbs but when I'm with a group of peers like that and none of them do then I have to suffer along and act like I'm not dying to enjoy the fried potato offering.) One particularly obnoxious attendee lazily hung her arm over the back of her chair and instead of clapping for the winners along with everyone else - she actually snapped her fingers. Not just once or twice, but every single time, I think there were something around 40 awards announced. She just snapped with one hand like she's all unaffected. And she didn't even do it with enthusiasm, or actual appreciation for winners. Snapping isn't loud enough to show that you are actually contributing to the applause. How freaking annoying is that?! I checked - her other arm wasn't in a sling, there was no reason for her not to clap and it made me crazy. I was obsessed with her, and I hate her now. What makes you too cool to clap like everyone else? I'm avoiding carbs to fit in, you can clap for my freaking award! Just wanted to pass it on, you guys would be annoyed too.

No comments: