Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Weather the Storm


Brrrrr....the weather outside is frightful. It's cold. And windy. And SNOWING. What is with Mother Nature these days? Is she going through menopause or something? I mean DANG, woman...one day it's 58 and sunny and not a breeze in the sky and the next minute it's snowing and blowing Santa Ana-style winds that damn-near knocked my house over. In fact in NYC last night, 50 mph winds blew out windows on at least two high-rises, sending glass cascading to the street below. Hmmm; I'm glad I don't work late or I could have ended up with a shard or two to the dome.

I personally believe that this winter is going to be a real whammy. Mama Nature is indeed pissed off and she is putting her weather vane down and making us all aware of her disdain in the form of pre-winter freezing temps.

What does this mean for me? As mentally I was not prepared for such wardrobe changes so soon, brand spanking-new additions to my winter-gear selection are in order; they will act double duty as they lift my spirits in this drab daylight as well as prepare me for whatever storms may come. (And everyone knows a more positive, happy Ette2 means a more positive, happy you). They will increase my metabolism as they will put a bounce in my wintery work-day step by virtue of their "newness" and of course cuteness factor (and a bounce in my step could lead to weight loss; always a plus).

At least these are the excuses I'll provide when the credit card bill arrives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All expenses must be approved in advance and not exceed certain regulatory caps as set by... me.