Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Woot the hell?


The Merriam-Webster dictionary just declared the non-word woot it's word of the year and they are considering including it in the official version.


1. w00t (interjection)
expressing joy (it could be after a triumph, or for no reason at all); similar in use to the word "yay"
w00t! I won the contest!


I don't understand are they just handing out official word status to any stupid thing someone mumbles? Who says woot anyway? I think Kvetchette should be a word, it is an adjective describing one who complains but who is awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woot the fook is going these days? it's almost as if mankind's sound logic and reason have been replaced by Britney Spears' panties which as everyone knows... don't exist.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this one makes no sense to me, unless they're referring to my latest oral saga -- the woot canal.