Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dumb things NY parents pay for


Bro-in-law was injured today, I think he twisted his ankle while he was running into a Dunkin Donuts for a french crawler, and sisette was in school being a first class teacher's pet (she brought candy in for the class - uh huh geek.), so I filled in and took Angel Baby to her swim lessons.  That's right I took my 1-year-old niece to swim class.  I plopped her into a baby pool filled with piss and 6 other tots who can barely hold their heads up let alone Michael Phelps it across the pool.  It's basically a glorified bath with an instructor and it's a colossal waste of time. We spent half the lesson trying to teaching her things we probably don't want her to do, like jump off the edge and splash the water.  Then at the end, the instructor pushed all their little surprised and scared faces under the water.  They come up all red-eyed and chocking and hysterical.  What exactly are we teaching them there - going under water is terrifying?!  Excellent, I'm glad we forked over 500 bones for this experience. Smart. 

No comments: