Tuesday, June 3, 2008

$15 mil for baby pics?


What has this world come to?! Normally I wouldn’t care about this sort of thing, I’m all for commerce and obviously I enjoy celebrity gossip, but we’re in a recession people. I cannot travel to Europe this year because of the stupid Euro, and I don’t even know if I can afford a mini-vaca in between my spring and late summer vacas because of gas prices driving up plane ticket costs and here we have two magazines willing to give up 15 mil for a couple snaps of babies. And here’s the thing about babies, they aren’t cute when they just come out. They are squishy and weird and can hardly open their eyes and they can’t smile or pose. And after a few months the kid looks nothing like it did as a newborn anyway so the picture becomes useless. The only way I can justify that amount of cash for baby pics is if like Angie was on Maury and was trying to figure out who out of 6 guys were her baby daddy – then I’d want to see the pics.

Here are other things that you can get for 15 million, and might I add these are much more desirable…

  • 21,428 pairs of Loubutins
  • 3,936,701 skim lattes from Starbucks
  • 1,304,347 tickets to see SATC for your close girlfriends
  • Kathy Griffin to live in my house and become my best friend
  • Fix Britney’s extensions
  • $7,500,000 paychecks for 1 and 2 for all our hard blogging work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ette1!!! I couldn't be prouder - first buying your own mutual fund and now dividing $15 million by $11.50 all by yourself.