Thursday, October 11, 2007

Call Me Crazy


Is it just me, or do Starbucks coffee cups and lids seem to have a problem meshing? I am a big fan of Starbucks. I do enjoy their over-brewed, often-burnt, overpriced coffee, especially to get me through Hump Day (that would be Wednesday for ya'll not in the know) and even more so on a dragging Thursday.

However, one thing that really pesters my pickle is the consistently drippy bits that spill out from under the lip of the lid and cup. I don't know how this happens..my coffee can be half-consumed, not overflowing in the slightest from said cup; however, through scientific processes unknown to me, or mere condensation, I often get a constant "drip" that manages to conceal itself under the lid edge and then, POW, surprise me with a whammy droplet that lands smack dab in the middle of my shirt as I raise the cup to my lips.

I proceed to wipe the rim of the lid with a napkin, and shake my head in annoyance. I put the cup down, move on to something else, and then as I reach for another sip of java goodness, WHAM, another drip in my lap.

I take the lid off, wipe it down, reposition it (thinking surely the seam of the coffee cup is causing this, and if I move the seam away from the spout I will avoid such indiscretions in the next attempt. I replace the lid, go to take a sip, and what do you know...fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, shame on....ah well, shame on somethin' because sure enough, drip drip drip down into my lap.

Is this some sadistic ploy on the part of Starbucks? What is with this damn coffee cup dysfunction? And why is there no revolt? And WHY do I keep going back for more? My dry cleaning bill is escalating, my bank account depleting itself, and for some reason I keep going back for more, like a dope fiend looking for a fix.

Talk amongst yourselves....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you had a nickel for everytime you spent $3 for a cup a' joe, you'd have $3.05 for everytime you bought a cup a' joe. Strange but true.