Monday, October 29, 2007

Leftovers are gross


I don't like leftovers. No matter how delicious the meal, I don't want it tomorrow. Something about wrapping it in tinfoil and storing it in the fridge makes it automatically gross. I think it's the cold condensation that smells of stinky never-been-cleaned fridge that creeps it's way into the food item, rendering it unedible. Tomorrow I want a new taste sensation to enjoy. There aren't a great many joyful things in life, but food is one of them, and part of the fun of the day is deciding what you'll eat, a whole new flavor, something you haven't tasted in a while perhaps. Just unwrapping yesterday's meal takes all the fun out of it, and it's never as good as the first day. So be warned EK, I'll come over tonight, but do not try to feed me leftovers. It's Monday and I want to enjoy Monday foods, and not leftover Sunday refrigerated grossness.


This of course does not apply to cakes - cakes are great leftovers.

No comments: