Friday, October 12, 2007

The Office Wars



Who doesn't think The Office is funny? If you exist, this doesn't apply to you.

When the US version premiered, I was less than enthusiastic. I didn't think they could compare to the UK version, and didn't want to waste my time with an underachieving copy. There's lots of other important TV to watch like Gossip Girls and Family Guy. But since the UK version is long since behind us, I've had a change of heart and am pleased to say am thoroughly enjoying the US version.

It begs the questions however - which is the better cast? I've listed my pics below. Let me know if you agree:
- Michael Scott vs. David Brent: Has to go to the originator, Ricky Gervais - none better
- Dwight Schrute vs. Gareth Keenan: Draw, they are both so wicked awesome, I don't think I could live without either
- Jim Helpert vs. Tim Canterbury: Slight edge to Tim, subtle and a bit sad, he made you love him
- Pam Beasly vs. Dawn Tinsly: I'm giving this one to Pam, Dawn was awkward in a good way, but there's something about the way Pam interacts with Michael that gets me every time

What do you think, who are your favs?

No comments: