Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dog People


I love dogs as much as the next person. I admire cute dogs I see on the
street, I've been known to ooh and ah, but I've never been compelled to
stop other people on street to discuss their animals and I don't know
why so many people do it me. Now I know my littleBoozie is special and
cuter than most, so I understand the draw, but why do we have to talk
about it? I don't want to tell you how old she is or if she's a boy or
girl, if she's full grown or not, or her name. And honestly, I don't
know why you are interested. I guess I'll give you those details if you
ask, but do I have to then ask you about your hairy little child? And
then what do I do with that information? Go home and tell my friends,
"I met the cutest dog today, he was just 3 years old and his name was Sammy, and he peed on the ground." I don't really like people is the thing, and if I'm on the street with my dog, it's because I had her couped up in the house for a week and I figured she needed some fresh air or I'm on my way to go somewhere, in both cases, I'm out there for a reason, and it doesn't include meeting new crazy people. And trust me, dog people who want to stop and chat are the craziest out there. The other thing is that my dog is not at all friendly, she tries to bite anyone who comes too close. So then I'm left to apologize for her behavior, when in fact no one asked you to get down on the ground to pet her in the first place. I have to admit, I sort of love that my dog is so bitchy to strangers, she takes after mommy. How about from now on, we give each other a pleasant nod and friendly smile and leave it at that. If you need new friends, sign up for myspace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As B-B's auntie, I can attest to that. Just keep her inside - she only really likes to pee on the floor and carpeting anyway.

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like your beeotch gotz some serious anger management issues... let's get her down here to Virginia so we can't start making you that straight up cash money honey. I gotz mad loot that says yo' dog gonna rake in 'dem profits!!! BAD NEWS KENNELZ 4-eva yo!