Monday, March 10, 2008

Bright Idea


In an attempt to prove I have big ideas too, and 1 is not the only one to come up with important legislation to try to get passed like banning celebrity annulments, I have come up with my own important legislation I would like to put out there for everyone to ponder, as I prepare my docs to head down to Washington.

Now hear me out:

The weekEND becomes the WEEK. And vice versa.

Now I firmly believe that this would have a huge impact on our economy, our mental and physical health states, our children and FAMILY systems. If we could have five days off a week and only work two, don't you think those two days would be much more productive? I can tell you, if I had to do the work I do in one week in two days, I would probably not be blogging much, but then again I don't really blog on the weekends anyway because well, Saturday is God's day and Sunday is the day of rest. But if I had to, I think I could work like 10 hours straight, two days in a row, without the mundane BS that gets pulled all day long, like personal phone calls, web surfing, text messaging, bathroom breaks, walks around the building for "fresh air" and long lunches to catch up with friends or coworkers. If instead, we ate at our desks those two days. Or better yet, we skipped lunch those days (America's too fat anyway - we could kill another bird with this stone) and just banged out a killer work load. And then the reward? Five days off. Think about it...What does that mean? Well for one, every week could be a mini vacation if we wanted. Think of the places you could go if you had five days!! I mean, Australia and Asia might be out of the question, but a jaunt to London for 5 days? A stint in Paris or Amsterdam? A stroll on the beach in St. John? Ab. Sa. Lute. Ly.


Our families would be better off. Moms and dads would be around more to be part of little Juniors' lives. Kids would probably stay off the dope. Divorce rates would probably go down. Prescription drug companies would probably all go to hell in a hand basket because all the anti-depressants, anxiety pills, tension relievers we all take due to our stressed out jobs would no longer be needed. So we'd be a cleaner, healthier, skinnier, happier nation. Sign me up.


Seriously, I can't believe no one has thought of this idea yet. I am going to call that 1-800-InventHelp number and see how to patent it because it's HUGE. And I think this has the potential to be picked up by the American public and extremely well-received - unlike when the government tried to convert us to the metric system over a five year transitional period and we all just basically told them to take their kilometers and go to hell.


Gotta go to bed now, it's 8:30pm, I've had an exhausting day at work, I just ate a nasty frozen lasagna because I was too pooped to cook and now I don't feel well and I'm tired and I have to do it all again tomorrow. Crap.

No comments: