Monday, March 24, 2008

Praise the Ette!

A little praise goes a long way. I'm serious, readerettes. I tell husbandette this all the time, that positive reinforcement and acknowledgement of a job well done is key to getting a warm and fuzzy kinda wifette/friendette/kvetchette in return. Today I got work praise. That's right, they called me the Write Stuff. I was Wilhelmina Wordsworth. I put the asstic in Fantastic.

Seriously though...I know you've all been there. You are fairly certain that you are good at what you do - or at the very least, you believe you are adequate. You are comfortable in your job because your stellar, "winner" personality holds up to the best of them, and everybody knows it's all about the people skills anyway. (You know the old adage, "It's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know" - and we all know that includes "how funny/cool/interesting we are.") So most of you have probably felt like, "thank god for my good looks and A+ personality or else I would probably be pink-slipped." No? None of you have ever felt that way? Oh. Sigh.

Well I have and I'm not ashamed. Call it "intelligence insecurity" but when it's just me and my crossword I am the Hostess with the Mostest. When it comes to my writing for work, I second guess myself a million times over and then am still not happy with what I submit. But nine times out of ten, people really really like it. Well today, they REALLY really really liked it. I was clever! I was fresh! I was a stylish word maven! I juxtaposed fantasy with reality! I was aspirational! I was tongue in cheek! My head is so big right now I could join the Macy's Day Parade as an EtteFloat.

So anyway, there's no kvetch from me today. No sirree. Let's just say you might see my work in that good old paper they call the New York Times, and don't be surprised if you see my crafty words in Domino Magazine as well. Just think...you can say you knew me when I was just a kvetch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding
I'm so proud of you
You're great
Great job
You can do it
Terrific
You're super
You're the best
Way to go
Good for you
Fabulous
You're delightful
You did it
You make me happy
You're an inspiration
Thanks for sharing
Super work
Marvelous
I trust you
You're special
Your deserve a star
You've improved
I'm impressed
You're an angel
You're fun
You're very responsible
You're a real pal
You're a super listener
You're a joy to be around
You're tops
Nice work
You're Dynamite
Hurray for you
You're on your way
You've made progress
You're so creative
You're a champ
Great imagination
Keep up the good work
Sounds great
You've got what it takes
You're #1
How clever
How original
You're on the mark
Well done
How artistic
That's neat
You've got it now
You brighten my day
You've got heart
You deserve a kiss
Super job
You're so smart
You're such a smart lady
I love you

Anonymous said...

Nice work lady...or as I like to say, "good job outta you!"

-Nar